Only started this blog today as I've finally got some time to spend on activities other than sitting uncomfortably in a stale library reading textbooks. The week actually started out pretty good, according to my schedule I only had one lab due, and two exams which I had studied for over reading week so I wasn't too worried about having to cram for, but little did I know within a few hours the outlook would not be so optimistic.
The first surprise came nice and early during first class, when I discovered that 5 article reviews were due the following class on Wednesday in preparation for our upcoming presentations (I'm doing mine on spyrometry, may involve some creativity, but more on that later). I dont know how I managed to overlook this, I had mapped out due dates for all my assignment months ago, but I must have missed this particular one. Anyhow, this was not so bad, exam Tuesday, reviews due Wednesday, exam Thursday, and lab due Thursday, why am I lying that was pretty dam terrible, but I had studied for the exams already, had found articles for the presentation previously as well luckily, and the lab would not be so bad as it was an informal write up, it was possible to get this done, it would require living in the library and being quite miserable but it was possible, up untill I attended biomechanics that is. Now for some obscure reason the biomech prof decided that our labs would be due in class this week, usually they are due in the lab 2 weeks from the previous lab, not this week though we had only done the lab last week and he wanted the formal write up in class on Thursday (by the way, I also was down to work from 4.30-10 on Wedensday). Ok if theres on thing that I just hate in my program its that biomechanics and physics are required courses, numbers are just one thing I have never been interested in, not for me, no sir. As a consequence of this spite for physics I pretty bad at it, though I have a rough understanding of whats going on in a kinetic analysis, it is definatley not enough to fill a 10 page lab report with.
Well anyway its Friday afternoon I somehow managed to get everything done, mainly through supplementing my diet with largely unhealthy amounts caffeince, taurine, and sugar, sleeping sparingly, and literaly living on a chair in the Killam library. The week was not without its mishaps however, highlights included missing the first 15 minutes of an exam from sleeping in and developing a knot in my back the size of my palm from from spending too much time hunched over in a chair writing notes. But managed to get both boxing and kickboxing training in on Thursday so that revived me like nothing else can, and now im all set for the weekend. In an attemp to make a 20 minute presentation on spyrometry more interesting, and mostly out of my own curiosity Ill be attempting to build a spyrometer (basically measures a persons lung capacity) over the weekend, updates will follow
Slan
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment